Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Knox Festival 2009: Knox Bicycle Plan Public Release

Sorry it took a little while to report this, but on Saturday March 3, I visited the annual Knox Festival, which is held at the Ferntree Gully Recreation Reserve on the first weekend of every March. This reserve is in an excellent location, as the Ferny Creek Trail runs right through the north of the reserve.

I arrived from the west and did not encounter any controlled entry points along the path in this direction (but it didn't matter, because if you rode a bike to the festival, you got in for free). I parked my bike and locked it up to the unusual bicycle parking (which I forgot to take a picture of). The parking was right next to the Bicycle Plan stand, but it wasn't just a stand. I saw something that did quite impress me. A giant Melway cycle map, which is featured in the newly created Knox City Council Cycling in Knox TravelSmart map. (This new map is currently not available online, but should soon. If you pop into the Civic Centre in Wantirna South, they should be able to give you one)

This reminds me that I really should follow up on my no-response email to Melissa Sparrow of Knox City Council. This time, I shall send my concerns about the Knox Bike Network to the generic council email address and see if this gets a response.

Here are a couple of photos of the giant map!

No comments: